My 10 Favorite Restaurants South of M St NW, Georgetown Washington, DC
South of M St NW in Georgetown offers so many hidden spots to gather, celebrate, and enjoy a beautiful dinner.
M Street is one of the main thoroughfares through Georgetown. South of M is an area in flanked by M Street at the top, the 10-acre Georgetown Waterfront Park at the bottom, and the historic C&O Canal running right through the middle. As for housing you’ll find a few row homes, but mostly condos and some inside historic buildings that services that C&O Canal.
When it’s time to eat, here are my favorite spots, South of M. While there are more, these ten are my favorites.
1 & 2. If you want to eat on the water in Georgetown, I recommend Guapo’s and Fiola Mare. Two different, but wonderful establishments.
What’s better that a margarita on the water? At Guapo’s you can get just that along with your sizzling fajitas.
If something more special is in order, there is no more beautiful and exquisite place that Fiola Mare. Sitting right on the river bank, Fiola Mare is known for upscale seafood, a notable wine line, and the freshest and creatively simple seafood.
3. If French is on your mind, you can’t beat Chez Billy Sud. Tucked in a small one story row home, it’s quaint, cozy, and amazingly authentic.
4. After Chez Billy, there is no better place to have a night cap than in front of the fire place at the Ritz Carlton. Their lobby looks like an enormous living room in your most stylish friend’s home. You can also eat dinner here. It's a warm and intimate spot. Make sure to pick up candy at the candy bar for the walk home.
5. If you are up for a culinary adventure Reverie is your spot. Intimate and special, but very approachable. It's hard to find but worth the look. It's tucked down an alley off a one block, one way street called Grace.
6. If pizza is in order, step into iL Canale. It doesn’t get any more yummy, warm, with crispy edges than there’s.
7. If you are looking for something simple, casual, and reliable Pinstripes is your spot. It’s great casual dining with tables outside or in. You can also practice your bowling where there. Yes, a great restaurant inside a bowling alley. It's the perfect spot for groups.
8. Vegetarian? Check out Chaia Tacos. They started selling their tacos at Farmers' Market and became so popular that they started a couple of brick and mortar stores. Even if you are not a vegetarian, give it a try. Their food is delicious!
9. Part bakery and part cafe is Dog Tag Bakery. Their mission is as great as their treats. Upstairs from the bakery is a fellowship that helps military veterans start, grow and maintain a business.
10.Lastly is a new restaurant by a name you know. CUT by Wolfgang Puck recently opened in the Rosewood Hotel. It's a wonderful place to spend an anniversary or fun weekend night out. The chocolate souffle is a must!
What's your favorite restaurant South of M in Georgetown? Reach out and let me know!